Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our first day in Hawaii!

The Hawaii blogs begin! :-)

We arrived in Oahu on last Friday around noon. After picking up our rental car (and Garmin - a Godsend!!) we traveled up the Windward Coast towards Turtle Beach Resort on the North Shore. It was gorgeous! It was a one of the two beautiful days we got during our trip. I regret not having my camera on a high shutter speed and in my hands the whole drive up (90 minutes) so I could take photos along the way. The ocean looks very different when it's sunny compared to when it's cloudy. I mean, it was unreal. We met everyone at the ocean villa (everyone being Scott and Lori - and my neice Sophie, Scott's gracious parents John and Janet and their 13-year-old daughter Zoe), checked out the beach (in our front yard) and then walked over to the beach bar (a few steps away) called Ola and had lunch. I had the Kahlua Pork Burger and (my first) Mai Tai while Emmalee played in the sand and started a special bond with Zoe that would last the entire trip (and quite possibly a lifetime). Here are a couple of photos I took of Ola.

Our ocean villa (ground level):


I wish I had taken more photos on that first day, since it was one of the most gorgeous few, but the fact that I didn't take many the first few days must mean that I was busy relaxing. Here are a few photos from our first night.



Dinner time for Sophie


Zoe and Emmalee stay up late watching Hannah Montana.

Hi Soph!

And one minute of the gorgeous North Shore surrounding Turtle Bay Resort:

1 comment:

The Turners said...

YOU HAVE TO COME BACK OUT! WE WILL HAVE A BLAST!